FREE Information on PSA, Prostate Cancer, other Prostate Diseases...
Reading the following files will help you gain a quick overview on what is going on about PSA and prostate cancer over the past 46
years since PSA discovery in 1970.
Warn: The almost endless conflicting information and recommendation on how to use PSA and treat prostate cancer - especially in
asymptomatic man. Despite in such medical quagmire, the information collected below should reasonably suffice to give most of you
a glimpse of how to wade through current medical confusion and how to avoid becoming the victims of anxiety and fear from imperfect
In sum, all care is just reasonable and will never be perfect, attesting:
- In life, perfection would and will never be, but perfecting should be;
- all medical care is still passive and based on INDiRECT evidence from continual collection and analysis of available
- there is NO magic in life and medicine - if any, that is, to apply currently available knowledge, skill, technology, medication,
common sense, and wisdom at reasonable time in reasonable way to reasonable patients; and
- life is a constantly changing, adjusting dynamic process of struggle to cope with reality, certainty, and uncertainty of daily living
for survival, growth, and continuation from inception to eternity.
- What is Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA) Test? - Click http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/Detection/PSA.
- A quick brief on overview, diagnosis, treatment, etc. on prostate cancer - Click http://www.webmd.com/prostate-
- A Few Words on PSA and Prostate Cancer.
- Hot Bebate on PSA continues.
- The American Urological Association (AUA)'s updated Prostate-Specific Antigen Best Practice Statement, first presented at the
annual meeting of the AUA in April, has been published in the November issue of 2009 in the Journal of Urology.
- AUA 2013 Guidelines on Prostate Cancer Screening --- of 2013!
- Prostate Cancer Screening Guidelines from the major US and international medical groups
- Cryotherapy Online Data Registry Outcomes: Minimum Five Year Follow up Data --- of 2015!
- News and Updates on Prostate Cancer -- of 2015!
- Active Surveillance as One of Favorable Options to Treat Prostate Cancer --- of 2015!
- Prostate Cancer Screening in Asymptomatic Men - Click https://www.epocrates.com/e/guideline/12_10 -- updated information.
- An Overview of Benign Prostate Hyperplasia in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benign_prostatic_hyperplasia
More? Go to the Following websites:
- www.urologyhealth.org : sponsored by Americam Urological Association (AUA).
- www.urologyhealth.com : same as www.urologyhealth.org.
- www.ProstateHealth.com : sponsored by Merck, GSK.
- www.ProstateCare.com : sponsored by GSK (GaloxoSmithKline).
- www.CDC.gov : sponsored by Center of Disease Control and Prevention.
- www.WebMD.com : one of the most popular health-related websites for general public.
- www.prostate.org : sponsored by Farr Labs.
- www.medicalnewstoday.com : sponsored by www.Yahoo.com.
- www.ToseekA.com : a general site to search for many fields...
- www.AllAaboutProstate.com : sponsored by Yahoo.com.
Suggested Keywords for Further Search are as follows:
Prostate, prostate cancer, prostate cancer screening, prostate specific antigen, PSA, PSA density, PSA velocity, prostate ultrasound,
prostate biopsy, Gleason score, diagnosis, treatment, and staging for prostate cancer, surgery for prostate cancer, radiation treatment,
radiotherapy, IMRT, radio seed implant, cryotherapy for prostate cancer, robotic radical prostatectomy, retropubic radical